Friday, March 9, 2012

Some Sons Are.......... (Fill In The Blank)

THE woeful tale of a bedridden senior citizen abandoned by her son at a budget hotel in Kuala Lumpur stole the headlines in Harian Metro.

Johor native Faridah Maulud, 66, was left to her own devices by her 27-year-old son over the past week after she moved down to the city a month ago at the behest of her son.

She was found lying on the floor of her room by hotel employees, who grew suspicious after her son failed to pay four days' rent.

Hotel manager Tan Yew Meng said Faridah's son checked her into the hotel and only came to pay for the RM60 per night room every other day.

The son however stopped paying after March 3 and attempts to contact him were in vain.

Despite that, the hotel staff members, out of compassion for Faridah, cared for her, bathing, feeding and changing her diapers.

“I don't even know where my son lives or why he left me. Thankfully, the hotel staff members have been very kind to me and bought me food. Thank you ... I want to go to an old folk's home,” Faridah said.

Tan said the hotel had lodged a report at the Dang Wangi police station.

No comments:

Post a Comment