Monday, November 7, 2011

So far you only heard about abusive hubbies, how about an abusive wife

A 48-year-old Singaporean woman, whose husband walked out on her after 24 years of emotional abuse, went to the press to plead for forgiveness from him, Nanyang Siang Pau reported.

The woman admitted that she threw tantrums on her spouse often but her 53-year-old husband had always put up with the abuse.

“I am the youngest in the family. I'm spoilt. I told my husband that I have a bad temper before he married me.

“He had promised then that he would bear with me and my bad temper,” said the woman, known only as Wang.

The dejected wife admitted that she would ignore the husband, giving him the cold shoulder for months on end over small matters.

But in March, he had had enough and told her that he wanted a divorce.

“It shocked me,” Wang was reported as saying.

“For all the time we were married, he would do everything for me. Yet, I always threw tantrums and I did not count my blessings that I have such a good husband.

“I regret not knowing how to appreciate him,” she said.

Wang added that she had written more than 10 letters, asking for forgiveness but her husband did not read a single one.

Since asking for a divorce, the husband slept in another room.

The couple has three children.

No comments:

Post a Comment