Monday, July 2, 2012
How to withdraw money from ATM machines without any ATM card
Robbers broke into four ATM machines and carted away RM1.7 million on the first floor of Carrefour hypermarket near Kuala Lumpur yesterday. The security guards noticed something wrong only around 7 am.
This is not the first time an ATM machine had been broken into:-
- On March 21 Thieves drilled into a machine and made off with RM200,000 at Bangunan Perdana Siswa in Universiti Malaya. A month later, RM190,000 was stolen from another ATM in Pandan Indah.
- On May 25 An ATM with RM200,000 was stolen from a shopping mall in Balakong, Seri Kembangan. The next day, an ATM in University Light Rail Transit (LRT) station was stolen incurring losses of over RM61,000.
- On May 28 Thieves failed to steal an ATM in a hypermarket at Pantai Dalam after the alarm went off.
- On June 14 Thieves made off with an ATM containing about RM48,000 from the KTM Komuter station in Subang Jaya.
- On June 22 Thieves carted away RM80,000 after breaking open an ATM in a supermarket in Taman Melawati, Ampang.