Monday, April 23, 2012

A fish jumped into his mouth


A four-year-old boy almost choked to death when a 3cm wide ikan puyu (climbing perch) jumped into his mouth.

Kosmo! reported that Muhammad Akhif Danish Shamsuri was in pain for four hours before the fish was removed by a doctor at Raja Perempuan Zainab II Hospital in Kota Baru.

Muhammad Akhif was apparently holding the pet fish in his hand when it sprang into his mouth.

The boy's father Shamsuri Shafie, 28, said the fish was stuck in his son's mouth, with only the tail visible.

"My brother managed to catch its tail, preventing it from getting into his throat," he told the tabloid on Saturday.

According to Shamsuri, his brother brought Muhammad Akhif to Hospital Machang before he was transferred to the main hospital.

"By then, my son's mouth was bleeding from being cut by the fish's thorns," said Shamsuri.

Doctors managed to anaesthetise his son and withdraw the fish - The Star