Wednesday, November 30, 2011

1,001 Ways To Rob A Car Owner

A syndicate extorting money from luxury car owners are at it again. Two men have claimed they were victims of their ruse of “ramming” and claiming compensation.

The first victim said two men claimed he had knocked into them after following him home.

The man, who owns a posh car, said he was threatened by the men who demanded RM300 as “compensation” for hitting their car. The incident took place in the early hours of the morning.

“They asked me to settle' by paying them but I told them I did not hit their car. I checked my car and saw there was no damage anywhere. They got angry and started threatening me.

“Luckily, some policemen were patrolling nearby and they fled when they saw the cops. I am coming forward as I do not want others to be victimised,” said the victim at a press conference organised by Selangor MCA Public Services and Complaints Department head Datuk Theng Book here yesterday.

The second victim related how a car pulled up in front of his and stopped abruptly, causing him to knock into it.

“I noticed that a large tow-truck was parked nearby. The group of men demanded that I compensate them.

“I refused and told them to go to the police station and they finally gave up and left. I lodged a police report the next day and discovered that no other report had been lodged,” said the BMW owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment